Too often parties rush into litigation without considering Alternative Dispute Resolution – including formal and informal settlement conferences, conciliation, arbritration or mediation. Even if proceeding have been commenced its never to late to explore Alternative Dispute Resolution, such as mediation. In essence don’t litigate if you can mediate!
The Norton Law Group are experienced in all forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) which can save significant time and money. ADR consists of a variety of ways to resolve all types of dispute, including Family Law , Will disputes and commercial disputes;without the need for a court hearing.
ADR can be conducted in any matter to which the parties agree using cost effective ADR techniques including Mediation and informal Settlement Conferences . Once a negotiated settement is reached appropriate settlement documents are signed, the parties can be assured that their dispute is legally finalised and over.
There are many benefits to ADR- mediation , including:
- Time and cost saving: a typical ADR process can be scheduled in two weeks or less, with the average case resolved in under a day.
- Flexibility of processes and outcomes: it allows the parties to develop innovative solutions that are best suited to their needs and the needs of the family.
- Control: parties are able to choose the most appropriate neutral person and process for their case. They can also chose the time, place, and the date most convenient to them.
- Preservation of relationships: because ADR can resolve problems more quickly, it can help to preserve relationships between the parties.
- Confidentiality: discussions and negotiations are held in private, and remain strictly confidential. Anything said remains confidential and cannot be used in any subsequent proceedings, should resolution not be reached.
The Norton Law Group offers ADR – mediation services that are unparalleled in its effectiveness by reason of our extensive experience and superior negotiation skills.
Should you like to find out more about how we can help you using ADR services,including mediation
Contact Us to make an appointment to discuss your situation.