Separation can be stressful, but resolution of the matter need not be.
The starting point is to get clear advice on how best to move forward. There is no one size fits all in family law matters as each relationship comes with its own unique facts and circumstances, including:
- your contributions, not only in terms of financial contributions;
- your respective roles as homemaker and parent;
- what you brought into the marriage in terms of assets and liabilities;
- assistance provided by family members, both financial and non-financial assistance;
- your respective earning capacity and financial resources;
- your respective health and that of the children;
- your obligations to care for others;
- issues of domestic violence- physical, emotional and economic abuse are all relevant;
- nature of your assets,
- hidden assets;
- wasted finances and resources;
Getting the best result in a family law matter requires careful consideration of the specific facts relevant to you – approaching a family law matter in a general way with some rules of thumb with a broad brush approach is ok if you are happy with an ok outcome but not if you want to get your best outcome contact one of our specialist family lawyers and experience what a difference The Norton Law Group can make.
Contact Us to make an appointment to discuss your situation.